Microwave ovens are great for heating leftover food and so much more! Looking to spend a chill weekend at home? Work some microwave oven magic with these easy microwave recipes.
Who doesn’t love bacon? It’s one of the best ways to start the day! And with a microwave oven, you can just put your feet up on the table, sit back and have calm, unhurried morning with a cup of Joe.
To make sure that your bacon comes out crispy, make sure that it’s defrosted before popping it into the microwave oven. Now, there are two ways to cook bacon in a microwave: one involving paper towels, and another involving an overturned bowl. For the latter, unhealthy grease runs down to the sides of the bowl, away from your meat.
Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
Another option for breakfast straight from your microwave oven is a muffin in a mug. Best served with a spread of cream cheese and hot coffee, try this simple blueberry muffin recipe.
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (40g)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup milk (60mL)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup fresh blueberry (25g)
- In a mug, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then add milk, butter, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in lemon zest and fresh blueberries.
- Microwave for 1½-2 minutes, or until cake appears puffy and cooked through. Let it cool for 2 minutes.
Quick soups don’t always have to come in a can! Have yourself a warm broth of this sunny-colored, corn soup in just minutes with a microwave.
- 3 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp plain flour
- 625ml (2½ cups) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp paprika
- 310g can creamed corn
- 300g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup sour cream
- Combine bacon and onion in a large bowl. Cover before placing in a microwave and cooking on High for 3 minutes.
- Blend flour with ¼ cup of milk and stir into bacon mixture before cooking on High for another 5 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Mix remaining milk, egg, paprika, corn and parsley. Cook on High for about 8 minutes with intermittent stirring. Finally, add in cream and reheat for one last time before serving.
Microwave Oven Potato Chips
Who needs to run to the store for chips, when you can easily cook a fresh, crisp batch in the kitchen? Pair your binge-watching sessions with this microwave recipe for potato chips.
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
- 1 potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Parchment paper
- Wash and dry the potato before slicing it into thin chips.
- Collect the chips into a bowl and add olive oil. Toss to distribute the oil.
- Line a parchment paper over a microwave-safe plate before placing the potato slices. Sprinkle salt over the slices.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, or until slices become crispy.
With multi-power levels, Kyowa’s range of microwave ovens are designed for easy use on multiple cooking purposes. Get a Kyowa microwave oven today at the nearest department store or Lazada!